Frequently Asked Questions
• How much are tickets?
- Individual tickets - parking included - Early bird until August 15 - $75, after August 15 - $100.
- Tables: Seats 10 - parking included - Early bird until August 15 - $750, after August 15 - $1000
- VIP Tables: Balcony Glow/Private Room (5 available ONLY) - parking included - Early bird until August 15 - $3500, after August 15 - $5000
• Where can I buy tickets for CHIC-I-BOOM BALL (CIBB)?
- You can purchase tickets online at www.balloonmuseum.com, by phone: 505-880-0500 or my mailing a check with desired amount of tickets in Memo area to 9201 Balloon Museum Dr NE, Albuquerque NM 87113 - Attention: CHIC-I-BOOM BALL.
• Where is the Balloon Museum in relation to Balloon Fiesta Park?
- The Balloon Museum is directly south adjacent to the massive Balloon Fiesta Park and overlooks the entire field.
• How do I get to the Balloon Museum?
- Your CIBB parking passes will include a detailed map on how to get here.
• Where do I park?
- Parking is on site in front of the Balloon Museum, differently-abled accessible spaces are available for those with a valid tag.
• How/when do I get my CIBB parking pass?
- CIBB parking passes will be delivered in the mail with your CIBB tickets prior to the event, the week of September 20th. If your order was placed too close to the event you will be instructed to pick up your package at a designated will call location.
• What time should I plan on arriving for the events?
- The evening balloon glows begin at 5:45pm, however, we recommend trying to arrive, on site, as early as 4:30pm. Please know that there is very heavy traffic after 5:00pm. Registration will begin at 5:00 pm, cocktail hour starting at 5:30 pm and dinner to follow at 7:30 pm. The fireworks show begins around 9:00 - 9:15 pm.
• How early can I arrive?
- The museum doors open at 4:30pm. The CIBB cocktail hour begins at 5:30pm.
• What is the dress code?
- CIBB is all about fun and frivolity! Evening attire is casual, colorful and lots of fun! Think SAMBA! (Panama hats are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated but not required!)
• Can I bring my kids?
- This event is not recommended for kids as their will be alcohol on the premises, the food is geared to adults' palette and the space is still the Balloon Museum and will have to be watched carefully as not damaged any exhibits.
• What if it rains or the events on the field are canceled on the day(s) of CIBB?
- The CIBB is a rain or shine event and no refunds will be given in the case of a cancelation on the field as event will be held in comfortable atmosphere of the Balloon Museum.
• Is the CIBB wheelchair or differently-abled accessible?
- The entire Balloon Museum is fully ADA compliant for your comfort and convenience.
• What does the CIBB support?
- The CIBB is a fundraising event presented by Anderson-Abruzzo International Balloon Museum Foundation who's mission is to raise funds, foster public recognition and promote and build membership for the Albuquerque International Balloon Museum. Your contribution will be used in the efforts of the Foundation to bring local, national and international awareness and support for the balloon museum.
The CHIC-I-BOOM Ball raises funds to support educational programs and exhibits that make the Museum take flight. These programs include:
The Flying Bus program: provides field trips to the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum for Title I schools, underserved adults and seniors throughout the community. We provide Museum admission, transportation funding and educational materials are included.
The Balloon Museum Education program: The Museum’s education programs include onsite field trips, classroom instruction, community outreach and activities highlighting the Museum’s exhibits on the history, art, culture, science and sport of lighter- than- air craft. Our educational programs are geared for all ages and interests.
Educational Philosophy: The Museum aims to reach a vast audience, both formally in partnership with schools & colleges and informally with individuals, families & other groups. All educational
and interpretive programs are based on the Museum's research, exhibition and conservation programs in practice at the museum.
• What's a Chic-I-Boom?
- It was the first special-shaped hot-air balloon ever to fly at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta® which is now the theme, for one of the most fabulous events of the summer, the CHIC-I-BOOM BALL.
• How can I help?
- There are many different ways to help including becoming a sponsor, advertising in the program, contributing to the auction and volunteering. For more detailed information please visit www.balloonmuseum.com.
• I have a special diet, what kind of food will be served?
- A variety of heavy appetizers will be served to included a plethora of different diets and tastes.